5.08.2017

A WHIRLWIND SANTA FE WEEKEND




It was another whirlwind weekend in Santa Fe...Art Openings...Flea Marketing...and, of course
photographing everything and everyone that caught my fancy. Here goes...


CROWHEART TALISMANS

I've been following Jewelry Designer Babette Hartman's work since I moved to Santa Fe some ten plus years ago.  And I ran into her at the El Museo Cultural Market this past weekend, and couldn't resist taking a few photos of her gorgeous jewelry.


This dazzling crystal pendant/necklace caught my eye with it's tiny amethyst stone...



The contract between the silver chain and the gold heart...was lovely...and so on...










She'll be at El Museo Cultural Market at the Railyard every weekend until the end of May.

505.603.1316



 Walking up Canyon Road towards an opening at MILL CONTEMPORARY -702 Canyon Rd. Gypsy Alley -Friday evening, I heard the familiar strains of a MARIACHI band...of course it was May 5th - CINCO DE MAYA. But  it is always a treat seeing these traditional musicians in their wonderfully/studded outfits.




Then I stepped into the gallery, and found a celebration of 13 immigrant artists
 representing 9 different countries. 




A highlight of the gallery show was Camaroon (Central Africa) Performance Artist - Issa Nyaphag a- who arrived with a bucket of water on his head and a  cascade of re-cycled water bottles down his back.- all to raise awareness of Water for Social Peace. Issa walked from his studio at the  Santa Fe Art Institute to Canyon Road, and if you happened to see this colorful figure ambling along  Friday night...now you know the back story.



And photographs of his performance work were shown in one of the galleries...


I asked Issa to stand in front of two photographs and mimic 'himself' while I took two portraits...



What fun!

Another friend,  Artist Armando Adrian-Lopez (Mexican -now living in Abiqui), was showing his paintings as well, and I took a fun photo..



And this charming young man was perusing the gallery and was kind enough to let
me take a photo...What a beautiful face..



The next day I took my camera for a walk through a colorful park in my neighborhood...










A perfect spot for a picnic...



And I found this great set of Mexican pots at the annual Folk Art Flea  at the International Folk Art Museum.


All in all...a whirlwind Santa Fe weekend!