4.16.2017

La Vie Boheme...


L A Z A R O   I G L E S I A S

Gallery & Studio



Photo courtesy of the artist

This wondrous, mixed-media piece was snapped up on the first night Lazaro's show opened, and I think I would have had to duke it out with the buyer if I had been there. But all of his imaginative, contemporary 'icon' pieces are delectable and if you find yourself in the Guadalupe District, do stop by and take a peek at all of this talented Cuban artist's handiwork. 



In the front window...

















Lazaro's studio is just behind the main gallery and it is chock-a-block full of all the 'ingredients' that stir his vibrant creativity.



In progress...






THANK YOU LAZARO FOR SHARING YOUR GALLERY AND
 STUDIO WITH CHASING!

LA VIE BOHEME

333 Montezuma Ave. - Free Parking in lot
Santa FE - NM

505-307-6542


LAZ'Z STORY



Born in Havana, Cuba and left at the age of 1 year old and was raised in Venezuela until the age of 7. I came to the United States with my family looking for the American Dream.

I've always been very involved with the art world. My inspiration was my aunt who owned a Couture boutique in Venezuela and I would always see her sewing dresses, making patterns from a persons body and her hand-beaded gowns were amazing.

She catered mainly to famous singers and stars from that era in Venezuela which made her work just even more stunning to see. That vision stayed for many years and that was the start of how I got into working with fashion doing windows, being a stylist in New York, dressing mannequins which got me into the Visual Merchandising world. 

I got to work with some inspiring company's like J.Peterman, Macy's, St.John Boutique, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom and my last adventure Neiman Marcus. I have an excellent eye for fashion and dressing woman as well but I knew that my art inspiration was being put in the back burner just because I didn't have the time to do art with having positions as a Visual Manager and Visual Director-.

In 2016 I decided that it was the time to leave that 36 years of the visual world behind and start a New Journey. Here I am in Santa Fe, NM with a studio and gallery - after 2 years of had work -  a self taught artist with a passion for what I do.

I've been blessed and always have been. This new journey has been amazing. Meeting people, connecting hearts and energy through my work. It just gets better and better. So don't ever put our dreams aside or think It can't be accomplish. Look at my story and be inspired, cause it can be done- Follow your Passion...



,