7.17.2016

THE SKY IS MY OCEAN




I moved to Santa Fe about ten years ago and immediately fell in love with the look and the feel of it. I'm from Boston, so the landscape of mountains, vistas, adobe and the mesmerizing sky were new to me, but somehow touched that place called 'home'. 

I've always lived near or on the water and when I moved to Santa Fe a friend asked if I'd miss the ocean.I told her that now the sky was my ocean. And indeed, every day it amazes me with it's vibrant palate of color and waves of clouds that look as if someone has whipped all of the cream in the world and placed it above this magical place.




The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

++








I'd like to just get one of those pink clouds and put you
 in it and push you around.

F. Scott Fitzgerald





I started playing around with a new Iphone app and turned all of my sky photographs into impressionist wonderlands...




The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.

Frederic Lawrence Knowles




I never saw a man who looked with such a wistful eye upon that
 little tent of blue which prisoners call the sky.

Oscar Wilde






When I do not walk in the clouds I walk as though I were lost.

Antonio Porchia, Voces 1943





The sky is that beautiful old parchment in which the sun
 and moon keep their diary.

Alfred Kreymborg






Ye glorious pageants! Hung in air to greet our raptur'd view;
What in creation can compare for loveliness with you?

Bernard Barton