3.04.2019

HAT RANCH GALLERY & ART-I-FACTS



A GRAND WEEKEND IN SANTA FE!





TAOS DESIGNER, NANCY DIAMOND, was showing her latest creations at a TRUNK SHOW this weekend at one of my favorite consignment clothing shops, ART.I.FACT - next to Counter Culture.
  
And naturally, I had to take a glam photo of the beautiful Nancy wearing several of her 'ethno-fusion' necklaces. Each signature neck piece is wonderfully-curated with intriguing beads and found objects, and Nancy can tell you just how she found each bauble, so you not only have a lovely necklace, but a story to go with.

C. Whitney-Ward Photography









And, a peek at a few of my favs at Art-I-Facts...




Hmmm do the above photos SCREAM PURSES?


ART-I-FACT

930 Baca Street - Santa Fe

(505) 982-5000



.


HAT RANCH GALLERY

Now, that was Saturday. Sunday I headed out of Santa Fe on HWY 14 toward Madrid, NM to stop by a new treasure - HAT RANCH GALLERY - created/owned by Sara West. Although the Gallery is off the beaten path, Sara has made it a vibrant destination by hosting a series of Salons, Guest Speakers and delightful Artist Openings.



Photo of Sara West courtesy of Hat Ranch Gallery

The Gallery is in her home, so when you walk through the front door, the former 'living room' is now a perfect space for showcasing art. The charming adobe has been in the West family for years and Sara and her brother did all the remodeling and the result is lovely. A hallway, just off the main gallery, showcases additional artwork (see in photo above.)
The current show - PAULA ZIMA - Paintings & Scrolls is wonderful.  Her large paintings are on paper and she has made them into 'scrolls' with gorgeous fabric backing - creating a versatile and far less expensive alternative to framing. A perfect room divider!






“The paintings for this Show arose from my sketchbook and swift drawings that appear as I observe this captivating world. I think in terms of vignettes, in the literary sense. My works are like short stories or poems. They talk about beings with hearts and souls and attempt to express the spiritual unity of all forms of life. I look for images in elements that I’ve seen, felt, or wondered about." PZ









 The Card Players - one of her paintings from her Portugal series. Courtesy of Hat Ranch Gallery

THE SIDE GALLERY ART



ARTIST - CAROL TIPPIT WOOLWORTH




ARTIST - JENNIFER RUGGE



And, there is a wonderful small sculpture of a Polar Bear by Artist Don Kennel,who was part of the Gallery Speaker Series..


HAT RANCH GALLERY

Located on the Historic Turquoise Trail, 
Highway 14 - 27 San Marcos Rd. W. - Santa Fe, NM
20-minutes south of the Plaza
Watch for sign on rt.

Gallery Hours - Wed - Sun
11am - 5pm or by appointment
Refreshments always provided

505-424-3391