1.29.2015

SHOOTING THE SHOOT - CHAR DESIGNS


     L I G H T S      


C A M E R A S 


A C T I O N



I think I missed my calling. I love fashion. I love photography. I should have been a fashion photographer! So, when I was invited to a fashion shoot at one of my favorite shops - CHAR DESIGNS - SAINT ESTATE -  I grabbed my camera and SHOT THE SHOOT. 

Photographer GABRIELLA MARKS had done all the work - setting up lights, reflectors and locations - the very, white curving staircase going up to the loft;  the massive fireplace; and in front of the warm, gray paper backdrop that makes white clothing pop!


CHAR is known for her signature white shirts and when paired with a gorgeous patchwork lace skirt, it was a dream shot as model Julia Fullerton posed and Gabriella and I clicked away...
          






A lot goes on behind the scenes of a photo shoot and hours and hours go into choosing and coordinating all the clothes and accessories for an all-day photo session. Meticulous lists are made and outfits are at the ready...



Then there's hair and makeup and props...




T H E    S E C O N D   S  H O O T


Another beautiful white shirt with a gorgeous lace collar and handmade earrings by Char's two talented sons - Demian & Alex of D & A DESIGNS.



Looking good...


Getting the light just right...




And, Julia's adorable son HENRY was part of the photo shoot.


LOOKS LIKE A WRAP!

S A I N T   E S T A T E - C H A R   D E S I G N S

At The White Studio
206 McKenzie St. - Santa Fe
505.988.5969



Thanks Gabriella for sharing the shoot with me!

.