12.08.2014

A CHASING SANTA FE WEEKEND


I live in Santa Fe because it is a candy box - there's always something delicious waiting to be savored - especially on weekends. This weekend was no exception.  I watched in awe as saffron-robed Tibetan monks - from the Drepung Loesling Monastery - created a beautiful Mandala from single grains of colored sand.







.

Then I grabbed an amazing hamburger with pulled pork/BBQ and equally amazing French Fries ( they're cooked in bacon/duck fat & vegetable oil)  at BANG BITE. This bright orange food truck - parked on the corner of Paseo de Peralta & Old Santa Fe Trail - offers street food personified.


Go to their FACEBOOK page and drool. Clearly, Chef Enrique Guerrero   below is the Julia Child of HAMBURGERS.




And,Mac & Cheese...


Food photos courtesy of Bang Bite

.

Next I took in the 16TH ANNUAL RECYCLE SANTA FE ARTS FESTIVAL which is always fun.

















.

And all this made me hungry again...so off to CHEZ MAMOU - on Palace Avenue - for my favorite - Eggs Benedict.



.

Next stop?  The beautiful Ellsworth Gallery - just next to the restaurant.


Look up and you'll see a magnificent 55-foot copper dragon peering down at you...



And, as chance would have it, the sculptor of said dragon -  ILAN ASHKANAZI - was sitting outside the gallery as I walked by.


I took his photo and he invited me into the gallery. 



Recycle Artist William Dubby Fuqua's work was on the walls and he was there, showing his work to fellow  artist, Bob Richardson  who had just dropped by.  How could I resist - alone in a gallery with three amazing artists and a camera at the ready. It quickly spiraled into a camp portrait session. 



lft. to rt.  Fuqua, Ashkenazi & Richardson







THANKS GUYS!
.

SO, THIS IS WHAT A WEEKEND IN SANTA FE LOOKS LIKE!