7.29.2013

2013 Spanish Market - Santa Fe, New Mexico


. S  P  E  C  T  A  C  U  L  A  R .



Photography by C.Whitney-Ward

For the past sixty-two years extraordinary Northern New Mexican artists have gathered on the Santa Fe Plaza to celebrate their traditional Hispanic culture and exquisite artistry. Twenty-Seven years ago the Contemporary Hispanic Market was created. These two  vibrant markets are a feast for the senses. I strolled for hours, trying to capture the spirit and energy with my camera.


T H E  27TH  C O N T E M P O R A R Y  H I S P A N I C   M A R K E T











Full of whimsy & fun.



Yes, skateboards!




Beautiful, hand-carved puzzles...












A cigar box guitar on the left!




T H E  62ND  T R A D I T I O N A L  S P A N I S H   M A R K E T



























And, I captured a few portraits along the way...











Founded in 1929


.