1.13.2013

Tiffany Gremillion - Leather Luxe!




Photography & Text by C. Whitney-Ward

I met Tiffany Gremillion  a few weeks back when I was walking through a local art market. I stepped into her booth and was captivated by what  she had on display - earrings, jackets, cuffs, shawls, necklaces, and clutch bags - all made out of luxurious leathers and hand crafted with beautiful, beautiful details. I started snapping photographs and asked if I could visit her studio.





Her studio is  chock-a-block filled with finished work and work in progress.  A large table, two sewing machines - one for linings, the other for the leather work - a clothes rack filled with gorgeous leather clothing and a mannequin be-decked with Tiffany's latest  creation.











A charming jacket she made for her daughter who is now 14!





Tiffany's father did antique restoration, so she grew up surrounded by beautiful objects. "I've always had an appreciation for fine details; my father's  work always inspired me," says Tiffany whose first leather project was a pair of moccasins and admits that she was always passionate about embroidery.  Now she embroiders  with leather sinew, giving each piece a signature look. She is apprenticed trained, working with Santa Fe's renowned leather designer Nancy Boucher Guerriero .and custom-leather couture designer Michele Julene in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. 

So, what's Tiffany's new passion?


Amazing poufs and pillows...


T I F F A N Y   G R E M I L L I O N


Selected items available at:

DESERT SON

DAVID NAYLOR INTERIORS

505 988-3170

AND

THE SHOP AT CHASING


OPENING - JANUARY 17TH!