8.28.2012

Chasing...The Santa Fe Farmers Market

 
 
 
 
B O U N T I F U L
 
&
 
V I B R A N T
 
 
It's always a visual delight to stroll Santa Fe's bustling Farmer's Market. I stop at every stall to see what's just been plucked from the garden. When I'm finished
photographing the gorgeous produce, I circle around again and pick out what I'm going to cook when I get home.
 
Photos by C. Whitney-Ward
 
 
I carved and sliced a hunk of this heirloom beauty and sauteed it in olive oil with fresh basil and some smashed garlic, a shake of Herbes de Provence, and then piled
 it on fresh pasta with a splash  more of olive oil.


 
 
 

 
There were market baskets galore...
 

 
 
Music...

 
 
And beautiful ladies selling lavender sachets...
 
 





 
And, perfect Shishito peppers browning in a pan...