4.02.2011

IF YOU ONLY HAD AN HOUR IN SANTA FE

                                     Photos by C. Whitney-Ward

I'd shop...it's amazing what you can do in an hour. I met a friend and we zipped through the FLEA at the Railyard - my favorite haunt come Saturday morning.
  And, yes, I've blogged about it before, but it's ever-changing and so much fun to photograph.  Here 's what I found.


Yes, you can fill this lovely silver vessel with coffee, but I'd keep it in my kitchen filled with bouquets of daffodils.



Handsome felted wool bags by Leland Guthrie of Felt Nomadic



Not for sale, but beautiful to look at.


Beautiful to look at and for sale.




What a great face...


What swell gloves.


And do run to the FLEA to buy a jar of this stuff - Chocolate Habanero
 Fudge Sauce. Pour it over the best vanilla ice cream you can find, or simply open the jar and spoon it into your mouth.


And at the same booth you can find one of these dandy chile roasters. Just  plop on your grill, close the lid and wallah - perfect roasted chiles. It also works in your oven.

Stuff the chiles with peanut butter before roasting,  says Prairie Thyme owner, Gary Hall, and serve with a chocolate martini.  Then - this is my suggestion - have a picnic on one of the rugs below.


Yes, I did buy something at the FLEA. I'd been looking at it for weeks. It's faux and fabulous and it makes me happy!

Beauty & The Bliss

And I did stop next door at the Farmer's Market and saw these sensational succulents.



THE SUCCULENT GARDEN
505.438.1057