1.10.2011

il piatto - An Italian Delight

A friend invited me for lunch. And what a swell lunch it was. If you haven't been to il piatto lately or you've never been, chastise yourself and make a beeline to this wonderful restaurant to indulge in authentic regional Italian cuisine. I promise you'll find it fun, delicious and the best deal in town.  A three-course prix fixe lunch is just $14.95. And you can choose from their daily special menu or their regular lunch menu. Dinner is $29.50 for three courses as well.

Our waiter, Julian arrived, took our orders...

 and swept back to the
table with a basket of lovely bread.

We dabbed it in a pool of olive oil and were quite
 content waiting for our first course to arrive.

I ordered the Caesar Salad and it was creamy and crisp
and lovely with generous shavings of cheese and freshly ground pepper.

But I have to say that my friend's Grilled Calamari with
Shaved Fennel Pepper  and Onion Salad with Aoli was outrageously good.
"Intoxicatingly tender and very sexy," were her exact words.

Then came our second course. Hers, Sauteed Chicken Livers with Pancetta & Mashed Potatoes. Mine, Penne Cinque Colori Bolognese with Beef, Chicken, Pork & Hot House Tomatoes.

If you think this looks good...you should taste it!
Then came dessert - and I was so excited that I ate it before I remembered
to take a photo.  Next time!





95 West Marcy St. - just down from the Plaza
505.984.1091

Chef/Owner - Matt Yohalem
Manager - Andrew Rabb

Il Piatto on Urbanspoon